What are glomerular Diseases ?
Glomerulous is a filtering apparatus present in kidney. Each kidney contains around a million units of nephrons and Glomerulous is a part of a nephron.
The filtration apparatus loses its ability to function in many diseases which can be due to primary defect in the Glomerulous or due to the systemic disease in body.
The elements which are normally not filtered through these apparatus also are passed in urine due to the defect.
2. Foamy urine
3. Blood in urine
4. Weight gain due to fluid retention
5. Skin lesions & joint pains
1. Minimal change disease
2. Membranous nephropathy
3. Focal segmental glomerulosclerosis
4. IgA Nephropathy
5. 5. Membrano proliferative glomerulonephritis
Systemic disease ( secondary glomerular diseases)
1. Diabetes repeat
3. System lupus erythematosis
5. Post infections glomerulonephritis
7. Auto immune diseases
Patients with severe degree of renal failure may need dialysis to support the kidneys.