What is Diabetic Kidney Disease or Diabetic Nephropathy ?
Diabetes (high sugars) is a chronic disease which affects many important organs in body. When the Kidney function is affected due to Diabetes it is called Diabetic Nephropathy. It starts with protein (Albumin) leakage in Urine which gradually Progresses to complete loss of kidney Function.
Due to Stressful and faulty life style, Diabetes is becoming more common in community its burden is increasing globally and so it's complications. It is an important cause of CKD.
2. Tired feeling
3. Loss of appetite, Vomiting
4. Breathing difficulty
5. Detection of high blood pressure.
6. Itching and dry skin
7. Recurrent fall in sugar levels to less than normal
2. Duration of Diabetes
3. Family trend of disease progression
4. High blood pressure
2. Urine protein (albumin) creatinine ratio
3. Serum creatinine
4. Ultrasound scan for kidney
5. Eye check up for Retinopathy
6. Kidney Biopsy
ACE (Angiotensin Converting Enzyme) Inhibitors and ARB (Angiotensin Receptor Blockers) are the group of drugs which reduce the protein leakage and also control the blood pressure plays important role
1. Keeping blood sugars in normal range
2. Control of blood pressure
3. Life style modification
4. Diet modification
As in CKD the Treatment depends on the stage of disease but following are some important aspects of Diabetic Kidney Disease Or Diabetic Nephropathy.