What is Diabetic Kidney Disease or Diabetic Nephropathy ?
Diabetic Kidney Disease is a kidney dysfunction caused by Diabetes
Diabetes is the leading cause of kidney disease. About 1 out of 3 adults with diabetes has kidney disease.Early detection of kidney dysfunction in the course of diabetes allows it tobe controlled in a better way.Many times it helps in saving the patient from landing in End stage Disease.
Correct Life style adaptation, Appropriate dietary changes and certain well tested medications offer significant protection to the kidneys.
At ‘Diabetic Kidney Disease Clinic’ we aim to offer the complete comprehensive care to the diabetic patient in following ways.
- 1. Early Detection of DKD
- 2. Prevention of DKD
- 3. Applying medically proven treatment to delay the progress of DKD
The treatment plan comprises of
- 1. Good Glycemic control
- 2. Control of Blood pressure
- 3. Life style modifications
- 4. Patient specific nutritional plan
- 5. Early detection of other end organ damage like eyes,Heart,brain and nerves
- 6. Regular follow up to check the progress
2. Tired feeling
3. Loss of appetite, Vomiting
4. Breathing difficulty
5. Detection of high blood pressure.
6. Itching and dry skin
7. Recurrent fall in sugar levels to less than normal
2. Duration of Diabetes
3. Family trend of disease progression
4. High blood pressure
2. Urine protein (albumin) creatinine ratio
3. Serum creatinine
4. Ultrasound scan for kidney
5. Eye check up for Retinopathy
6. Kidney Biopsy
ACE (Angiotensin Converting Enzyme) Inhibitors and ARB (Angiotensin Receptor Blockers) are the group of drugs which reduce the protein leakage and also control the blood pressure plays important role
1. Keeping blood sugars in normal range
2. Control of blood pressure
3. Life style modification
4. Diet modification
As in CKD the Treatment depends on the stage of disease but following are some important aspects of Diabetic Kidney Disease Or Diabetic Nephropathy.